Tuesday, December 9, 2008

OhGr

In short, good show. :)
As usual with every time drive into the Boston area, I got my ass lost. Eventually I got to the club, with enough time to drink a beer before the opening act. American Memory Project, was really good. Much more mellow than I was expecting going into the show. They're just as much about the visuals as they are the musical portion of the show. The band themselves who are made up of Skinny Puppy live musicians, hide behind a projection screen, where some old movie clips are played, to the live sound track. Their set was fairly short, right around 30 minutes. Definitely glad I made it in time to catch them though.

Next up after a short time for break down and such, was OhGr. In typical fashion Ogre came out in costume, with multiple masks and face paint underneath. All of which were removed as the set progressed, minus the face paint, that stayed on. They proceeded to play D.I.M.D. from beginning to end, with no breaks. Unfortunately I only knew two songs from that album as I didn't have a copy of it until after the show. After, as Ogre called it, the conceptual part of the show, they played a bunch of songs from the first two OhGr albums. With a couple song encore of course. :) Ogre made good use of the stage, and air, blowing feathers into the crowd till most people up real close were covered. The bands sound was very tight, and impressive. His vocals rarely sound exactly like the record(or cd whichever you happen to have) but he actually gets pretty close. If he comes around again, I'll definitely be buying tickets, and I'd suggest you do the same.

No comments: