Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's begun!

I've started packing. Of course in true lazy fashion, I packed all the easy stuff first. All my cds, and dvds are boxed up. I started cleaning up and packing some of my music stuff, the microphone, music stand, a bunch of my books, I think I'll leave the guitars out of the cases, so I can still play around when I have a few minutes. and the amps and stuff don't go in boxes anyway. ;) I did a bit of messing around with the tablet in Inkscape last night. Inkscape is a good FREE vector art program. Similar to Illustrator, but quite a bit different. You can't beat it for free though. I'm still having a little bit of an issue with using the tablet as opposed to the mouse, but it is getting easier. I really hope I have enough room in the new apartment for a desk, that should probably help quite a bit too.

There's so much stuff I want to do, I really have to learn how to motivate myself and just do it. I was really hoping there'd be some outlets up in the attic at the new place, but no such luck, unless I just didn't see it. I might be able to just run an extension chord up there, so I can at least have a radio for working out, etc. Once I'm all settled in, I want to look into getting one of those brew at home beer kits, and make a batch or two... See, so many hobbies... :/ haha

I sure do wish I was actually real good at one of my hobbies...

5 comments:

laura said...

hahaha i often feel like that too, so many hobbies and i'm mediocre at most of them.

but i'm sure we are both just being modest. if i knew you better i could tell you for sure, but i'm positive you are awesome at many a thing.

this move sounds like the best change ever, positive change begets positive change... or something similarly proverby.

Ol' Man said...

You know.. if you were really good at one hobby, you would only have one hobby! Like me, good at lots but a master of none. Sooner or later you will have the time and motivation to pursue these things you enjoy.. Don't rush it, let it come on it's own time..Hey look, remember just last week YOU were showing Ed how to play that song..So you are getting better at the bass you just don't see it like the rest of us...

Fatty McFat-Fat said...

That's true. I suppose I'd rather be middle of the road at a bunch of things, then horrible at everything. lol Practice makes... well better anyway, right? :)

Anonymous said...

You most def have plenty of room for a desk, dude have you forgotten just how big your new room is going to be. Not to mention our kick ass libiary will have all the books so that leaves even more room in you bedroom for the desk. But I dont know how much drawing you will get done if I keep stealing the stuff away from you ;) Cant blame a girl it is fun

Fatty McFat-Fat said...

Lol, I'll probably be trying to do the majority of drawing on the computer, maybe a bit of pencil and paper stuff. We'll see.