Friday, March 5, 2010

ahhhhhhhh

So much to post about, because I don't post often enough. This will probably still be fairly brief, and give a quick run down on some news on the music front.

New show lined up!
Quietis is playing the Haverhill Elks club April 9th! $8 a ticket through me, $10 at the door. If anyone wants tickets, let me know. :) I'll put up another post about the show later. I plan on working up a flier at some point.

New Equipment!
Right now, I'm borrowing a nice power amp and 4x10 bass cabinet from my cousin. It's a nice 1,500 watt Peavey power amp, and a Peavey 4x10" cabinet. Sounds killer compared to the 10 watt practice amp I've been playing through at home. To go with that rig, I picked up a Behringer V-Amp pro modeling bass preamp. It's a fun little toy, with some minor effects, and models a bunch of different amp/cabinet combinations.

I also picked up a cheap Washburn 4-string bass. It's definitely going to be the first bass I mess around with as far as new parts go. I plan on giving it a new bridge, pick-ups, etc.

Just because that really isn't enough stuff to put into my apartment, I got a great deal on a Hartke 4x10 bass cab, so that's on its way. :)

So much stuff going on with Quietis, it's awesome. I'm practicing more now than I ever have before. I'm learning new styles of playing, and getting faster. I really do owe a lot of that to learning how to play off the cuff from my Friday night jams over the parents house. At least as far as learning the gist of the bands songs fairly quick. I still have a long ways to go before I can play these songs the way I want to, or hear i in my head, but I'm getting there. The best part of it, is how much the other band mates believe in my playing and that I'll be ready for this show in April. :)

It's an awesome feeling. Knowing that I have some friends in another band playing that show is killer too. It's nice knowing my friends want to play shows with me, knowing that I've never done it before, it's my first band(besides the Mother Pluckers Friday night jam band). I'm having an absolute blast with all this music. :)

No comments: