Friday, February 5, 2010

yes! but nooo

Less than two weeks into joining the band, we had a show booked! WTF?! I've had one practice! I decided to say sure, what the hell, let's do this, I'll practice like hell, and learn the songs, in only 23 days. YIKES!!! Unfortunately/luckily the show fell through and we're not playing it. So I've got a little more time to learn the songs and play with the guys. We're still looking to book some shows soon, but hopefully a little bit further away than a month, with only one practice a week.
Whew.. I love this whole being in a band thing, it's making me play a whole lot more often, it's really jump started my love for music again. Also... I've got a hankering for a new bass. Which I'm making plans to get... hopefully fairly soon. I am under NO circumstances allowed to buy it until I have AT LEAST 1/2 to 2/3 in cash to pay for it. Then, it's on to the PA with recordable mixer. :) I love making plans, especially when I'm smart enough to follow them.
As usual, donations are accepted. lol ;)

5 comments:

Chai Latté said...

I didn't know that show fell through :-(

In other rock news.. Cindy's brother is a big Toadies fan. :-)

And Cindy herself loves old-school Offspring. Ha!

laura said...

a band!!! that's sooo money.

i hope you get gigs just as soon as you learn the songs.

CONGRATS!

Fatty McFat-Fat said...

haha that's awesome:)

Thanks Laura. I'm having a blast so far, and we're definitely going to be looking into playing some shows fairly soon. I just need to keep working on learning the songs.

Moleman said...

When are you going to post pictures of your new bass and your new on-loan equipment? We are all waiting!!


Hahahaha

-=D=-

Fatty McFat-Fat said...

As soon as I buy a digital camera, and the preamp comes in. lol I do plan on writing a post about it all soon though.