Monday, September 22, 2008

Time Management

I'm horrible with it. I'm going to try working on it, and making sure I sit down to play EVERY DAY! I've been good about it lately, but that doesn't usually last long. As long as I make myself sit down and practice, even just finger drills, etc. for a minimum of 15mins a day. I'm planning on longer practice sessions, but I know it's not always possible. I'm also going to try and keep this updated more often, and keep you all informed with my practices, and what I'm learning, or trying to do. Also, any suggestions you may have for songs to try and learn, or advice, I want to hear it. As I get better and learn some full songs and stuff, I might start a list over on the right of songs I've got down perfect. Eventually, I'll have some sound clips up of my playing etc.

On a side note, I've got four bass lessons coming to me, and I've been in contact with the teacher to try and set those up soon. It's only four lessons, so I'm going to have to see how much I can learn in a short amount of time.

On a side note, one of the coolest things happened to me last night. I was sitting at my computer, listening to my iTunes, and playing some Pogo.com games(working on one of this weeks badges, I'm addicted, once again, I love collecting things, and badges are things. :)) and this music started, and I thought this is catchy, then I realized, it was the song I wrote, and had recorded! I was super happy that the first thing I thought was, I like how this sounds, and it's catchy, then I thought, that's awesome! I just heard my music coming out the stereo. I mean I know it's MY computer, and MY iTunes, but still, I was amazed with how much pride I got just from hearing my music sing out of the speakers.

1 comment:

Chai Latté said...

Thats kinda amazing!! Its like when you find an old drawing or poem or something and you're like.. that's pretty good.. wait, *I* made that?!!

Haha I love that. :-)

digging the new gadgets on the blog.

And yeah, hurry up and post some sound clips!