Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Night Lights

It's Friday!!!! That means jam night over Dad's. I left my 5-string at home this week, so I'll be playing the Ibanez. I'm going to try and pick a couple songs we play tonight, and try and find a copy of the song, to play along with and practice for next week. I feel as though I'm really the weakest link on Jam Nights, and I want to change that. I'm going to try and work out a nightly schedule/routine for practice. A certain number of minutes spent on scales, some one songs, some on guitar, and some reading to learn more about how/why I'm playing what I do.

2 comments:

Chai Latté said...

I am trying to convince myself to rededicate myself to learning the harmonica. I really have a hard time with it, but I hope that if I just simply play around with it enough, something will "click" you know?

Anyway, I wanna!

Fatty McFat-Fat said...

Yeah, I've noticed sometimes, things just click a certain way, or make more sense anyway. Maybe when I'm a bit better, I'll try and record a simple guitar track for you, in the same key as your harmonica, and you can just mess around and try and see if you can get something to sound good along with the backing track. Sometimes that's helped me. I'll have to add that to my list of instruments to learn too. :)