Thursday, October 2, 2008

Forgot to mention

I started working on a new song... I know, I know, I haven't even finished the last two! But sometimes, it just kind of hits me, different timing to the lyrics, and they don't quite go with the others I've written. I've learned I can't force my brain to push out the lyrics as I want them. I have to wait until it's ready to spill them onto the page for me. I'm usually VERY insecure about my writings/lyrics, but that's how I am with most things. Which is one of the reasons I have this blog. I've got the stuff written down at home, so maybe later tonight, I'll post them up in here, and maybe get some feedback from you? All one of you who reads my blog(thanks Chai ;)). I'm hoping as I get more comfortable with posting stuff here and in general with my writings/music/self I'll be tossing more and more up here.

I do realize a bit of my writings have my own rhythm that I hear in my head infused with the wording. The problem with that is, you can't hear my rhythm(until I can play it well enough and sing it, with music for you). So I'm hoping the stuff doesn't read as poorly as I think it may.

1 comment:

Chai Latté said...

Yah, lyrics are always weird to read if you don't already know the melody.

BUT, to me, lyrics are 95% of the songs awesomeness. So, with good lyrics, you can't go wrong!

Post em up here for sure!