Friday, October 3, 2008

Insert pretentious song name here

I don't have a name for this, but I do have a rhythm pattern. Played it for a bit with Dad. He laid down a little bit of some blues licks over my rhythm. It sounded pretty good. Dad seemed to like it too. No bass tracks or anything yet, but it'll come along. There's definitely some more lyrics needed, but not a whole lot.

The clouds have opened up my eyes
Wrapping 'round the glowing sun
Holding on for dear life,
like a child to his mom.
The sun is shining too bright
The rays are hurting my eyes
I think I'm going blind
All my senses seem so dulled
Perhaps it's my time to go

There you have it, my first "published" lyrics.

1 comment:

Chai Latté said...

Funny, I am listening to Loaf, so when I read the first line, I sang it the same as "The sea is whipping the sky" from Bad for Good. And I omitted the word "up"
It worked well. :)

But, I LOVE this verse.

Seriously. Love it.

You need a strong, simple chorus, and you've got the start of an amazing song.