Thursday, October 30, 2008

Last lesson-for now

I had my last lesson last night, worked on a little bit of technique stuff, Roger worked on the setup on my bass a little bit, and went over a little bit of scales. I did come to a realization though. It's really hard for me to play even simple stuff for him, without messing up, and playing VERY stiff. I don't know if I'm just nervous, or what. But trying to practice some stuff after the lesson on my 5-string was actually easier than trying to play it on my Ibanez during the lesson. I'm going to have to work on relaxing.

2 comments:

Chai Latté said...

I hate doing stuff in front of other people, ESPECIALLY things that I am still learning. I won't let Joel in the room when I am learning my Spanish! Haha

The better you get, the more comfortable you'll be!

Anonymous said...

Never made sense to me either....
You go for a lesson and you know this guy is much better and you are there to learn, you know that he knows your green at playing but yet it's still so hard to play with or for someone like that. And then you see folks that get up and audition for American Idol who can't hold a tune any better than a hot coal, then blast out with absolutly no fear at all...
Go figure...

No worries your on a fast track to being a very good player. Just have faith, practice and believe in yourself and soon you will be teaching others who will be nervous about playing for you!!
Remember what Unky Fat used to say...
Losers never win and winners never lose!
Oh yeah and drink all the PBR ya can!