Friday, October 24, 2008

Running out of time

Lesson 3 of 4 is down. I took the cd to the lesson, and Roger helped (okay he did all the work) me learn the bass line for most of Running Into Walls by Into Another. Fun little bassline, and sounds a lot more complicated to me, than it really is. That being said, I was VERY impressed with Rogers' ear. He listened to the song, plucked a couple strings, and then bam, started writing down the notes on the staff for me. I was more impressed with how he was able to pick out the bassline, then I was with his playing of it. Regardless, it was a lot of fun. I'm actually starting to like taking lessons. I wish I wasn't so broke, so I could keep them up. Unfortunately next week if my last lesson. :( On the plus side, I've got tons of stuff to work on, so the plan is to work on saving up some money, practice a whole bunch, then go visit Roger again, and say look what I can do now, what's next? But till then, I need to practice more, and keep working on playing a few songs really well. Oh, and of course writing my own stuff. :)

No comments: