Friday, October 10, 2008

My Best Friends Are Poured From Bottles

Just a working title for lyrics in the works. Here's another set of lyrics that aren't finished. Ditto on the music. I've got a strum pattern and chord progression, no bass, no leads(probably won't be much in the way of those), no clue on drums/percussion, etc.

I wake up and I crack one open
I sit down and drink it back.
Drunk all day and into night time
Just can't seem to put it down.

A lot of nights, that I can't remember.
Plenty of mornings where I wake up drunk.
My best friends are poured from bottles.
I know you'd like to disagree.
Vodka's always been a friend of mine
Tequila's helped to keep me sane.
Always there when I need Southern Comfort
Always here when I need some peace of mind.
Pull a bottle from the freezer
Pour a shot, and drink it down.

No comments: