Friday, July 18, 2008

60 seconds of fuzzy wuzzy

I started working on a couple new songs yesterday, which means I actually practiced and played guitar for close to four hours off and on. One of the songs I'm actually liking quite a bit.
I fixed a lot of the hissing when trying to record on the computer, but it's still not quiet like it should be. And I still don't have a real recording program installed. I need a new sound card, and video card. I might just need to pick up a cheap gateway or something and then get a good sound card. This computer is fast enough, but something just doesn't seem right with it. Anyway, I can only record up to 60 seconds of "what you hear" right now using the Windows Sound Recorder. Not a very effective way to record. When I can play it nice and smooth, I'll try and record a bit and put it up here. See if anyone else likes it. The other song I started, has an intro, and that's about it so far. Both songs are very different from one another, and I like that. Variety is the spice of life. It also makes me realize I'm not thinking of the same song all the time. My strumming is pretty good, but get's really sloppy when I have to read the lyrics and sing at the same time. Since I'm still learning how to play, I think I overload my brain and can't spend enough synapses on the strumming. I think another part of it, is I get excited because I like the way it sounds, so I end up speeding it up. It's definitely a work in progress.

No comments: