Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Greedy, greedy, greedy

I'm always wanting more stuff, more guitars, more basses, more amps, different instruments to try and learn. I want to be able to pick up anything with strings, and play it. I really should work on the basses and guitar I've got, but I'm greedy. I'm trying to work out a time line in my head as to when I can get new instruments, or accessories. So far I've got a deal going with myself, I lose 15 more pounds and I'm letting myself buy a bass cab. Keep it off for six months, I'm in the market for a drum kit. I'm still on the fence about going electronic, or acoustic. I'm thinking electronic is the way to go for me, due to the apartment building living. But I can get a cheap drum kit for $300 which is probably more than my playing ability for years. Any thoughts or suggestions on that debate?

Other than that, I know there's more stuff I need/want, like some more microphones, sound card for my computer to do some real recording, an acoustic guitar, probably need to get a new bass head too. The one I'm using now is my Dad's. Same with my guitar amp. Once I'm up to playing level, I'd love to get a pedal steel, or even a resonator guitar, learn the mandolin, banjo, all that stuff. But that's probably years down the road. Oh... Effects pedals, definitely want one of those. See? I'm greedy, I want everything.

For now, it's bass cab, then drums, unless I find a great deal on an acoustic 6-string.

No comments: