Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sounding off

I'm watching my parents house for the weekend, and Dad's computer is set up to record. :) I'm going to try and give it a whirl. At least try and get enough of the basics down to work on other parts of the song. Should be fun. I'm hoping when I hear it played back, I like it as much as hearing myself play it.

On a side note, I've found a couple bands recently via myspace that I've been getting into quite a bit.

First up is Born To Lose from Texas. They come across as high energy, balls to the walls rock. Pretty good harmonies, nothing fancy with the guitar work, but what they do fits. Occasionally the lead vocals sound a little fake, an accent that's just a little too forced. Overall pretty good though. They get me moving in my chair, and helps the work day go by a little faster. They have one song up on their page for download, unfortunately it's by far my least favorite of the tracks they've got up for your listening pleasure. They list Face to Face as an influence, and I can definitely hear it. It looks like they've been around for a while, forming in 2000. They've got three albums for sale, and a new one coming out in September. When I've got a few bucks kicking around, I'd like to pick up their releases.

1 comment:

Chai Latté said...

first song.. I was like, OMG it's SR71! ;-)

So far, so good. Sounds like awesome treadmill music. I wish I could copy songs right from myspace to my ipod!